Sunday, November 8, 2020

41. Blessed are the Peacemakers


 


This is the final version of Budleigh artist John Washington’s painting. I have lots of thoughts about it. But the outstanding thought that I have today, Remembrance Sunday, 8 November 2020, is ‘Blessed are the Peacemakers’. 

I hope that John’s painting will inspire millions of people everywhere, in the knowledge that Roger Conant, born just over 400 years ago in the same Devon village as Sir Walter Raleigh, was a worthy and respected man. 

At that critical moment in 1625, he helped to avoid conflict and divisiveness among the early European settlers in the New World.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful representation of the scene! I only wish I had known my 10th generation grandfather.
    Cheryl Conant McHugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl. I have forwarded your comment to the artist!

    ReplyDelete